Monday, April 04, 2005

 

Not happy with my new Linksys Wireless Card

It comes with this crummy software that overrides windows in configuring the wireless settings. The consequence is that I can never get a wireless connection for some reason. So, I check the box labeled "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" so that I can connect and everything is happy until whenever I reboot, that checkbox gets overwritten and I can no longer connect until I disable the Linksys software again. Presumably, the Linksys software is doing that. Now, if I uninstall the "Wireless-G Notebook Adapter" software to remove this nuisance, will it also prohibit my wireless card from working? Hmmm...stay tuned. :) Maybe I should just return it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?