Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

I Have Been Tagged: 7

Tagged by Ashley.

7 things to do before I die:
1. Travel: Florence, Galapagos Islands, Cuba, Alaska, India, Brazil, and Montana
2. Break 100,000 on Defender
3. Ice skate in College Station, Texas
4. Liberate the Muppets
5. See Shoeless Joe Jackson, Pete Rose and J.R. Richard (i.e. real baseball players) in the Baseball Hall of Fame
6. Be a square on the Hollywood Squares
7. Meet the Gnomes of Basel

7 things I cannot do:
1. Advertise
2. Watch golf, post-1980's men's tennis, NFL, MLB, or NBA
3. Drink dark roasted coffee
4. Use the Force for attack
5. Eat in a restaurant with bad music
6. Eat sausage kolaches on a deep sea fishing expedition
7. Pay attention to a TV weather forecast

7 things I say most often:
1. They barred me for being too good a player.
2. Only if the opportunity cost does not exceed ROI is the proposition sound.
3. Are you going to Hippy Hour?
4. Yeah, I'm bringing the XBox/Halo.
5. We're raging.
6. Let me play devil's advocate.
7. [Insert town] is a Potemkin village.

7 books I love:
1. Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace
2. The Red Queen
3. Evolution of Cooperation
4. The Future of Money
5. I Remember Atticus
6. The Social Construction of Reality
7. Unix Network Programming

7 movies I can watch over and over again:
(As a twist, I'll do quotes from memory)
1. "Stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse."
2. "60% of the time, it works every time."
3. "She tried to sit in my lap while I was standing up."
4. "It's a wonder you're still alive."
5. "That's like me saying Touchdown here isn't very intelligent because I beat him three games out of five the last time we played chess."
6. "Kermit, does this film have any socially redeeming value?"
7. "Corporate decisions are made by corporate executives."

Comments:
I finally got around to reading this. My attention span has been incredibly short lately.

I like my coffee on the green side of roasted. I can't drink a regularly brewed Starbucks. Horrible, burnt stuff!

Defender??? Do you still have a system where you can actually play Defender??
 
I had a mostly working arcade system available to me when I lived in Seattle. Xbox has it on Midway Arcade Classics.
 
Nice Big Sleep quote. I didn't recognize any other movie title. Montana is awesome and you should go. Ice skating in College Station? How about goat roping in Greenwich Village (sounds like a SXSW band).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?